2.04.2011

How Green Are You?

I was doing a little crunchy blog surfing today during my morning off and I came across April's very cute Green Mission Mama blog. Posted on her site was this quiz to determine your "green" standing. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a 4 out of 10 or "fairly green" rating.

I think it was my 1950's era house that really set me back. We don't have things like low-flow toilets, energy-efficient appliances and double-paned storm windows that would help us decrease our utility bills and our carbon footprints. Those are big steps that require a time and financial investment we haven't been prepared to make yet. We're definitely a work in progress.

You should check out the Practically Green Quiz and find out how your lifestyle measures up. It's great because after it calculates your score it gives you simple tips and suggestions on how to improve it!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and for following!! I got you back!! I love green blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following and for writing about my post! :) You know, I went back to the site and logged in and there are a lot more things that I was able to check in the list so I am sure I am more than a 2 now! LOL That 2 was killin me!! We are in the same situation as you though, 50's house and not ready to fully invest in all new appliances yet...can't wait til that day comes! :) I'm following you back! Great blog! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I am a new follower from the blog hop
    I blog at www.tammileetips.com
    I hope you stop by and visit.
    Tammilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I am going to check out the quiz now.

    I just found your blog through one of the blog hops. Have a great weekend!

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to go green!

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am semi-green, lol, i put my son in cloth diapers whenever we are home (which is most of days) and use disposables whenever we are out and for night time.
    Sofia,x

    http://pinkpapershop.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I should admit Im not nearly green enough. We recycle (doesnt everyone?) but our County makes it so easy, they do it for us (separate our trash from recyclables). I print on 2 sides, turn lights off, dont leave water running, as we replace applicances we are getting more energy efficient models, etc. I know there is so much more I *should* be doing.

    Thanks for following my blog (from MBC) and commenting on my Closet Chaos post. I had the closet doors off our kids bedrooms but had to put them back because I couldnt stand to look at theirs. Thank goodness mine is a walk in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm afraid to take the test! I've always thought of myself as green, but who knows. I still can't bring myself to compost after taking care of my sister-in-law's worms for a few weeks. But I do recycle like a maniac and reuse like a bag lady! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!